Wednesday, March 5, 2014

rant #2: "Pages" on Mac

There seems to be a theme starting with my rants... Technology is the bane of my existence.

So here I am not liking Microsoft Word because it always fucks up when it tries to guess what I want it to do for me when I'm taking note in class or on my textbooks.

So I decided to try out Pages that comes on Mac product, since as you know I recently purchased a Macbook Pro.

And here I am typing away notes on my cultural Geography textbook, and my computer alerts me that i have updates available. Thinking nothing of it, I hit install and then when it's all said and done I reopen pages to continue taking notes.

Let me explain how I like my notes organized:

I. Subject
    A. Sub title
          1. notes begin

It's the "harvard" style on pages...

Now before if i went back to the left side of the page, the next roman numeral would be II, and then it would be another A and if I had another sub title it would be a B and so on.

Now it's starts over with another I ... or another A at the subtitle line...

What's the point of having the option of this note taking style if it doesn't continue after another tab?

I'm frustrated with this and word so I no longer know what sort of program to use to take notes on. Any offers of what you use that's not so frustrating would be GREATLY appreciated.

And if you have frustrations, feel free to vent them too! I want to know your irritations ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment