Thursday, June 18, 2015

Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale Reaction and Thoughts (Mother’s Mercy)

SPOILERS BEWARE.

So this was a hard episode. And we’ve had bloody epsiodes in the past. But I would say that often times the death feels good. Thank god he’s dead (Joffrey) you know? This death felt so…. Cowardly.

But let’s start at the beginning of the episode because let’s be real SO MUCH SHIT HAPPENED. Warning: things might not be completely in order.

We start with Stannis and the repercussions of deciding to sacrifice his daughter to the Lord of Light. Which was fucked up if we’re putting it simply. Like many of the characters on this show, I don’t really like Stannis. I liked Renly the best out of the Baratheon brothers, and Stannis takes fault for killing him so yeah. Not a huge fan.  I also don’t trust the bitch in red. Melisandre. Ugh.

With that being said, I was really hoping the Stannis would be able to take over Winterfell because Ramsey… there are no words for the hate in my stomach for him. And I need Sansa to be safe.

So we start the episode off with some bad news: half of Stannis’ army has deserted and his wife committed suicide.  Honestly I didn’t care that she was dead… but I knew it was bad news for the hope of Ramsey losing to Stannis if he attempted to attack now. Which of course he did.  I think he had given up on life.

Now of course Brienne of Tarth has been waiting to save Sansa for so long and the moment that she decides to leave in order to seek the revenge on Stannis is the moment Sansa lights the candle in the highest tower. I was so disappointed with that moment, but very happy that Brienne got to kill Stannis. That was a great moment.

I was so happy with the rest of Sansa’s story in this episode though! Finally getting to not only see Margaret get what she deserves but to have Theon do it – just throw her over the side of the wall to the stone beneath. Oh my god I was like FUCK YEAH BITCH. So great!  And then we watch Theon and Sansa jump off the wall of Winterfell together while holding hands. I am so fucking excited to see that trust rebuild between them and Theon to help retake Winterfell and do it right this time without his shitty dad’s thoughts in his way.

Then there’s Arya’s story.  We finally get to watch her take on a face from the many faced god.  I honestly could read a whole book on the beginnings of the many faced gods.  We have watched this man in a whorehouse asking for young girls and doing some fucked up whipping shit to them. Not a good guy obviously. Oh and apparently he’s the guy that killed Arya’s sword master in the past which I didn’t know!

So there’s this scene where he has three girls standing in front of him and he whips them one by one and they scream out but the third doesn’t react when he whips her and of course it’s Arya.  And Arya fucks him up! That death is so gruesome and so deserving and I loved it so much.

But of course that wasn’t what Arya was supposed to do so Jaqen and the girl who is “no one” come up to her and it looks like they’re about to poison her because the balance has to be restored but instead the guy takes the poison! What the fuck! Arya freaks out and then suddenly the girl turns into the guy and says it’s just a face!

This part was really confusing to me because I thought in order to become a face in the Hall of Faces, you had to be dead, but the guy’s face is there, the girl’s face is there, and in the end she lands on her own face on the dead body. So in order to be attempting to become “no one” do you have to die? I’m so confused. And then Arya goes blind, and I feel like that’s probably because she didn’t kill the person she was supposed to and this is her punishment but I want to know more about how this religion and magic works!

Then there’s Cersei. I fucking love to hate Cersei. I think she’s so strong and powerful within herself even though what she stands for are things I hate.  So Cersei finally decides to tell the high septon “all” her sins, but only confesses to her relations with her cousin.   He says she will have to atone and stand trial so we watch Cersei, clean and shaven head, walk naked through the city.  I watched this saying “keep your head up Cersei. Keep your fucking head up. Don’t you dare show your weakness in front of them.” And up until that fall I felt like she was right on the edge of showing her shame. 

See for me, I don’t like this weird High Septon gets to dish out punishment. I know Cersei is the idiot who opened up that possibility but my hatred for that tops my hatred for Cersei. I didn’t want them to get the satisfaction of watching her break in front of the city. 

Then the fucking Mountain shows up with a vow of silence and he looks blue under his helmet like he’s going to look even worse now then he did before. Ugh.

We also watch Marcella die after being poisoned by the kiss of the woman who already tried to kill her once and I have to say I called it! The second that woman moved toward to kiss her I was like DON’T DO IT SHE HAS POISON LIPS. She’s barely been able to look at Marcella so why would she now want to kiss her farewell?

We need to talk about Danaerys and the Dothrakis! I think that was her wedding ring from Drogo that she let drop to the ground, and I’m really hoping that the Dothraki end up helping her cause to become queen instead of doing something terrible to her.  It was such a cool scene watching them all ride around her.

Okay it’s time to talk about Jon and let me start off by saying that when you see the little sign that says “Traitor” and then Jon turns around confused I announced “NO! I’m gonna cry!” and proceeded to sob. Not just tears. Sobs. I couldn’t breathe. It was awful.  And then as it ended I just kept saying well now there needs to be some great revenge. At this point I would be totally happy to see the white walkers come into the Night’s Watch and kill them.  I know that’s awful to say but they deserve to have fear in their eyes when they see the undead army come into their stead. And all I’ll be thinking is “he told you. HE TOLD YOU SO and you were too focused on past problems to realize there are scarier things in this world than the fucking wildings!”

So needless to say this episode was intense. And now I NEED to get my hands on A Dance with Dragons because I wanted to read it before this season started and I didn’t get to it so I really need to now to see if anything happens with a more positive outcome or if anything is worse! Ugh.


Okay that’s all. Comment down below with your feels on the GoT season finale.  There’s a video coming soon to go along with this post to when it’s up it’ll be linked here!

No comments:

Post a Comment