Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Booktube-a-thon... wrap up? wait what??

So I was for sure planning to participate in the booktubeathon 2015! I set out my TBR and wrote a blog post about it. I started reading on Day one and I even managed to post the first challenge video on my challenge and link it in order to submit to win!

I even started writing my blog post reading wrap up:
"Day one
123 pages

Day two
Hof 125 pages 
Queen of thetearling 9 pages (audio)"

and then day 2 happened and a couple things happened.

One: I just really love Grey's Anatomy and I started rewatching the entire series recently and could not stop. So I mostly watched netflix instead of reading at all ever

Two: Day one started out with a challenge from last year - the book dominoes. which I loved that they brought back and was like yeah i want to do it!

Then day two happened and it was also a challenge from last year... and i was like hmm.

And then day three happened and it was yet another challenge from last year so I was just like well are we going to get any new challenges? Cause I want to see if I can do something new!

Then the Movie Trailer challenge popped up in my feed and I started to get excited except I was just like how am I supposed to make anything decent in essentially 8 hours. Because they close the challenges at 9pm EST which is 6p PST so I have no time to think up, film, edit, and make something that is good.
So I didn't do it.

At this point I had decided already that I wouldn't be posting any more videos for Booktubeathon because I was disappointed.

I did like the chubby bunny idea but that and with the book stacking to your height my question in my head was How will they choose which video is the best? Particularly day seven's stacking contest... Will the tallest person who participates win? I'm confused.


Overall I just felt a little underwhelmed this year with the video challenges specifically seeing as we didn't get as many new ones, and some of the news ones didn't seem very competitive.  The thing that I loved about Booktubeathon when it started was that the winners of the books weren't being chosen randomly like most giveaways are, and instead were chosen based on the quality of their challenge content. THATS AWESOME.

But I feel like they don't give us enough time to know what the challenges are to make content worthy of being uploaded. I don't want to make a fool of myself for these challenges, I want to make a quality video for my own viewers and to show what I can do to possibly win these challenges.

** I did forget that last year they did give us the video challenges ahead of time but that was not how you won a book. This year they didn't do separate giveaway challenges so maybe that's why they decided not to give the challenges ahead of time.  I just think that was a poor decision**

Also if we're getting the challenges the same day WHEN DO I GET TO READ. Cause that's the whole point isn't it?

So that's why I didn't really participate in Booktubeathon this year.  I really hope people don't read this and go oh she thinks she's so much better than everyone now because she runs a readathon too. This isn't about comparing the two, and I'm well aware that Booktubeathon is the biggest event of the year for book tube.  I'm glad we have something like that! I just want it to be more awesome each year instead of less than last.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have put it better myself <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I also started but I just had no drive to finish. Everything was the same and I also had a problem with the time frame. It was too rushed and plus I'm not home all the time so there was no time to do any thing. I wish we would of got more time to post the challenges. :/

    ReplyDelete