Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rant #1: Youtube & Google+ Sitting In a Tree...

uh oh. I already have a rant for you and this blog has only been up for 3 days. Hope you're ready for it!

Can I just start off by saying I may be behind on the changes to YouTube that's been happening since Google+ decided to attach itself to the website.

But with all the changes I'm trying to make to my channel before going live once again, I've gotten VERY frustrated with the whole connection of YouTube and Google+.  I'm talking like screaming at the computer in frustration and crying because I'm so mad (yeah... I do that...). It was a problem.  And to top it all off I was doing this and getting all worked up on Valentine's Day just an hour before my boyfriend was finally getting off work to have dinner with him.  So great timing on my part.

But let's get to the point here.  I can not STAND how in order to change my profile picture, or my name I have to go through Google+'s profile settings. Which refuse to let you not have a last name on the "main" page so you have to click the "use MissSassyKassie" section and then go there and change things. It's just very confusing.

My thought is that if you want to be linked to YouTube as a website then you shouldn't make things so fucking complicated.  Why do I need to have a Google+ account to begin with? I don't use it. I don't want to use it. I just want to continue my channel on YouTube without any such frustrating interferences! But you cna't have a channel without a Google+ account now. And I think that's a little bit ridiculous.

It's like Google+ knows that it can't compete with Facebook, so lets force everyone on YouTube to HAVE to make one, and maybe we'll get people to start using it since they have to anyway.
But instead you're just making everyone think to themselves "why does everything have to be made so fucking complicated because of this company??"

And don't get me wrong I like Google. I mean it saved me on every term paper I've ever had to write. I use Google Chrome. And Gmail. But PLEASE stop trying to make Google+ happen. It's not going to happen. (please tell me you read that in Regina George's voice).

Okay, I think I got this frustration out of my system. Comment down below your thoughts on this relationship between YouTube & Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment