Saturday, April 5, 2014

Book Review: Winger - Andrew Smith

This book is so great.  I started reading it to give my brain a break from studying and filming and editing and doing things that seem a little bit like work.  I wanted to have some me time so I picked something that looked like an easy read.

The Plot (no spoilers): Ryan Dean West aka Winger is in 11th grade, but he's only 14.  He's in love with his classmate Annie Altman and plays rugby with his best friends: JP & Seanie, along with Joey & his roommate Chas.  He goes to an American boarding school and is one of the only kids who never goes home on the weekends.

Without giving away spoilers let me tell you that something will happen in this book that will surprise you.

I gave this book 5 stars on my GoodReads account

My favorite moment in this book is farther into it. Joey tells Winger:

"Nothing ever goes back exactly the way it was. Things just expand and contract. Like the universe, like breathing. You'll never fill your lungs up with the same air twice."

No comments:

Post a Comment