Friday, April 18, 2014

Book Review: The Ocean at The End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman

This book is not what you'd expect.  I'm not even sure I had any expectations before reading the first page.  But this is a story within a story about a world unseen by everyone but the Hempstock women.
This is a story of fantasy where a seven year old boy who loves books more than sports meets a smart eleven year old girl, a Hempstock, wise beyond her years, and from that moment trouble arises. A monster takes over in the boy's home in order to "give people what they want;" everyone but him that is.

The emotions are so real, and as I read this I couldn't help but think of my little brothers, who are 11 and 6, and think what if this extravagant story happened to them?!

I give this story a 5 out of 5 stars, so obviously I highly recommend it! Comment down below what you thought if you've read it, or if you're going to now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment