Friday, July 4, 2014

This is What Happens When You’ve Never Rented an Apartment Before July 2014

            Matt and I have moved down into the LA area from Central California into an adorable studio apartment that we are certainly coming to love.  I am so glad to be back in what is essentially my home town where some of my friends still live, instead of moving away for college, and so I get to hang out with people I’ve missed for the last year.

And now I have a story to tell you:
The first two days in this apartment, we didn’t have gas. Which meant we didn’t have HOT WATER.  So we decided to borrow my mom’s shower at her house (where else would her shower be?) and let me tell you about the ridiculousness that happened there.  In her shower she had “men’s” shampoo and conditioner (probably my stepdad’s) and she had a good smelling shampoo and right next to it this little container that was basically smoothie cup sort of thing.  And in it is something that smells good and looks like possible homemade conditioner, so because there was no other conditioner that’s what I assumed it was, and used it.
So an hour later, Matt and I have left my mom’s and are on our way home.  As my hair was drying, it started to get CRUSTY! WHAT THE HELL.  So I tried to call my mom but of course she didn’t answer because she never does.  And I was combing my hands through my hair, and it started to get softer PHEW.  But wait there’s more!  Another hour passes and my hair is no longer wet, but it is oily as fuck.  And right about the same time I realized this fact, my mom finally calls me back.
“what the hell is in that little container next to the shampoo in the shower?!”
“oh that’s coconut oil. I use it to get my make up off at night.”
It was terrible.  I couldn’t easily wash it out because our water is freezing and it would’ve been the worst experience.  So I decided to wait to wash it out until the next day when our gas was scheduled to be turned on.

            In order to get all this nasty coconut oil out (to be honest I love coconut oil for the same reason my mom does, but not in my hair), I had to wash my hair twice. TWICE.  First I used my Lush “soak & float” that I love because it helps with dandruff.  Then I used a L’Oreal shampoo that I have I can’t remember the name of because it still felt SO oily.  But because I washed my hair twice, it felt like straw.  Luckily the corresponding L’Oreal conditioner is a pretty intense moisturizing one and it helped a heap.


This will forever be my memory for the beginning of Matt’s and my time in this wonderful apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment