Wednesday, April 29, 2015

APRIL WRAP UP.


In case you missed the announcement, all my wrap ups and TBRs will now be posted here! I might still do videos for them as well, it will just depend on the month. AKA it will depend on how worthy my list of books is because lord knows I haven't been reading many books per month lately.

But lets get on with this.

April. man this month was tough.  It's the end of the semester (two more weeks people! holy shit) so I have been spending all my time writing papers and editing papers and reading articles for papers. good god it's been a drag.

But onto the books I read this month!

Actually let's start with March because I'm failing at reading lately lawl.

Deaf Like Me - Thomas Spradley *****

This is a nonfiction book about a family who finds out their youngest daughter is Deaf, and how to help her succeed in life. I just posted a spoiler free review of this book on my channel, and I HIGHLY recommend reading it, especially if you're interested in learning about the Deaf Culture.  

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare ****

I read City of Bones about a year ago, and really enjoyed it! Then I saw the movie and hated it so much that I ended up feeling hate toward the book as well, so never picked up the series. But now that I've become friends with Emma over at Emmmabooks it's a little difficult to hate something that she loves with such extreme passion.  She and a billion other booktubers decided to do a monthly readalong of all the books in the series and I decided to join to get through this series.

It just so happens that I loved this book A LOT. I have some issues with the series. the main one is the amount of times Jace or some aspect of Jace is described as golden. Can we find a synonym for golden please? Thanks.

We're already moving into April guys. Like I said: it's been rough.

My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick *****

guys. this book. oh my god it was beautiful.  I picked it up on a whim because my sister has been bugging me to read it so i can give it back to her (borrowing books. ouch) and so I decided I could use some contemporary in my life after reading Throne of Glass and City of Ashes consecutively.

And oh my god talk about a wonderfully written story.  I just recently made a video complaining about virginity and how it's dealt with in the YA genre, and then I read this and was like WOW well done! It was so realistic, and also the losing of the virginity was realistic which I adored.

I also was NOT expecting the surprise that happens near the climax to of course tear everything apart in order to be put back together (let's hope?) again! I'm always a fan of the author getting me without me expecting it.

And that's it. Seriously.

I'm currently reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas and loving it but i'm only half way through. how awful is that? I blame it on the 15 units of anthropology and linguistics courses I'm taking this semester.  

Okay TBR time. 

I'm participating in the #MortalReadaLong so I'll be reading City of Glass next month. you can check out their goodreads page here if you want!

Brittni from Brittni's Book Find and I are going to read the third book in the Throne of Glass series next month, and we also have a goodreads group so check that out here!

And then the bibliothon group also decided they wanted to read The Darkest Part of the Forest together as a little book club group. We're keeping this really chill and won't be doing any sort of liveshow or good reads group about it, we just want to read the same book at the same time!

That's all the books i have planned for May for sure.  I have some books from the library I want to pick up (check out the instagrams) but who knows what I'll get through. As we've seen, school takes all the life out of me (laugh at my pain why don't you).

No comments:

Post a Comment