Monday, April 25, 2016

REVIEW | Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Duhnam.

"How permanent virginity feels, and then how inconsequential."


I gave Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Duhnam four out of five stars!  I think the best thing about listening to memoirs is getting to listen to the individual read their story. I got this book from the library in audio format, and I really want to own it and reread it because it was so so good.

I am such a fan of what Lena Duhnam stands for, so I was excited to listen to her book and get more straight from her.  I haven't watched all of her show GIRLS but I've watched episodes here and there, and I just love that it feels real, not like the movie magic sex scenes in any other show ever.  And she talks about this in her book and I was just like YES YES YES.

Lena Duhnam has a very dry sort of awkward humor and its not for everyone, but I was all about it! I loved her stories about getting naked on camera for the first time, her first time, and her first fake time, basically everything regarding naked bodies.

I highly recommend checking out Not That Kind of Girl if you want to hear this type of thing - I hope you check out her show GIRLS too because its great and I need to binge watch it and its also mentioned regularly in the book.

Until next time,
MissSassyKassie

No comments:

Post a Comment