Monday, July 18, 2016

REVIEW | A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.


A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas was read 26 of 2016.  I gave this book a complete 5 out of 5 stars.

This is the second book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series so I can't say too much about this book in particular without spoilers.  But A Court of Thorns and Roses is about a girl named Feyre who lives just on the limit of human lands and accidentally kills a fairy, which causes her to be taken into Fae territory as prisoner.  Its a beauty and the beast retelling, so the Fae lord Tamlin who holds her captive is a very important character as you might imagine.

I absolutely loved this book. While I enjoyed the first book, this one was phenomenal! I loved all of the characters, and the plot stressed me out so much I was so nervous especially during the climatic scenes! ALSO there are lots of sexy times in this book which I definitely was glad to be in private when I happened to be reading those scenes.

GET READY FOR SPOILERS.

Okay so I was Team Rhysand basically from the end of ACOTAR and so I was LIVING for this freaking book.  I was just anxiously awaiting for when he would come back to us in the beginning of this story.

I LOVE THE SQUAD. I love all of them so much, and my heart ached and melted every time any of them were in danger. The loyalty they have toward Rhysand, Feyre, and just each other was so heart warming.  All of their stories were not only fascinating but also painful but in a way that made them so much stronger as individuals and as a team.  I'm basically obsessed with them.

Finding out that Feyre and Rhysand were mates made me way too emotional because I'm obsessed with them. Have you ever been reading and you're thinking oh my god these characters are so important to me they're so real but then you realize they're not real and I do that. I'll say it again - I am not emotionally stable because of this book.

Okay there are two specific scenes I need to gush about before I go.  The first is the scene in Velaris when the battle takes place. SO MANY THINGS.  Firstly, the tension in my body was so strong, I was so nervous, I couldn't handle it! I loved watching Feyre use her powers and just destroy everyone and THE ATTOR. Oh my god, that scene was amazing!!! I also loved that she shut Rhys out in order to finish the job.  Feyre is so strong, I'm obsessed with her.

The last thing I need to talk about is of course the scene at Hybern's court. Phenomenal.  So much anxiety reading that scene I couldn't handle it. I'm excited that Nesta and Elain are both Fae, even though it was so bad but oh my god! ELAIN AND LUCIEN GAH. ALSO I couldn't stop crying once Feyre decided to do the most stupid (and also smartest) thing and played the part to get them out of there! AMAZING. And awful. but amazing!! Tamlin is horrible but I'm so excited to get to see this spy situation even though it probably means we aren't going to get any awesome Rhys&Feyre sex scenes which is upsetting. 

I also freaking loved that Rhys made her High Lady, something never done before in this world I flipped my shit! AND to further my love for the Squad, I loved how they reacted to finding out their high lady was in enemy territory and that feral anger and want to get her back to them even though they couldn't do that GAH why don't I have the next book already????

Okay, I think that's all I can say that is going to be actually comprehensible and not just giddy oh my gods because I'm obsessed with this book...

So until next time,
MissSassyKassie

No comments:

Post a Comment