Friday, August 19, 2016

REVIEW | More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.



More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera was read 29 of 2016.  I gave this book a full and complete 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is about a boy named Aaron who lives in the Bronx, and while most of the world is the same as our every day life, in this version of reality science has created a procedure that can erase painful memories you want to get rid of.  This coming of age novel is about Aaron figuring out that he is gay, but doesn't want to be.

The way that this story is told is phenomenal. I absolutely loved the way Adam chose to make this almost a little bit of a thriller even though its not? That's hard to explain without spoilers but I truly loved it. 

This book deals with some tough topics. Along with coming to terms with your sexuality and coming out, the story also talks (and has a trigger warning for) about suicide and depression - Aaron's father kills himself before the story begins and Aaron also attempted suicide before we meet him.

The way that Adam wrote about all of these intense topics felt very raw and real because while there is hope, you also can feel that the characters living these experiences may not be able to see or feel that hope.

I freaking loved this book. I can't believe it took me this long to finally pick it up. Go read it. Love it with me. There's too many things I can't say because I don't want to spoil you for it. ITS SO GOOD. That's all I got!

With that I'm going to leave.  IF YOUVE READ IT find me on the interwebs so I can relive this beautiful story by talking about it.

Until next time,
MissSassyKassie

No comments:

Post a Comment