Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A WEEK IN MY LIFE | First week of REAL college ;)

Hey nerds, what's up?!

So last week was my first week of school at a Cal State University.

I've been in college for three years: 2 years at one community college and a third at a separate community college.

But I've finally made it.  I'm a junior in college, two years away from my Bachelors degree in Anthropology!  I intend to go to graduate school so I won't be done for a few extra years but I still can't believe I'm halfway through my degree!

Okay so now that you have a bit of a background in what I'm going to school for, I just wanted to talk about my first week of experience on a university campus as a student.

First of all, all my professors actually know what they're talking about. Which is fantastic, especially since all my classes are major related (with the exception of one that I'm considering minoring in).
        They all want to be teaching us and they all know we're smart and here for a reason.  And that we want to be in these specific classes, since they're all upper division. That is just amazing to me.

Not to mention that the staff in the random areas on campus, like the library, are all super helpful and have smiles on their faces, which is just not something I've witnessed at community college first week of school since its so busy and they all hate their lives.
But here, regardless of how busy it was and how many new students with dumb questions they've dealt with, they were still nice and helpful to me, the thousandth new student with dumb questions to ask.

I am so excited to continue on with these classes, because I know all of them are going to FASCINATE me.  

And with that I just want to say, for those of you who are still deciding on schools and majors and all of that, make sure to take your time.  Really figure out what you like and what you're interested in because that way you will love the classes you're taking and the eventual careers in that field of study.

Comment down below what you're majoring in, or what you want to major in when you get to college.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment