Thursday, August 28, 2014

FAVORITES | August 2014

hey nerds whats up?!

Today's post is all about my favorites for the last month.  There isn't going to be any mutual video with this post this time around, but be sure to check out my channel for my August Wrap up on what I read as well as September's TBR pile!

MAKEUP

I only have a few makeup things I want to talk about specifically, and the first two go together.


I just posted a whole blog for these two babies, so make sure to check that out for a more in depth review.  These are the Revlon Colorstay 24 hour Foundation and the Sigma F82 round topped kabuki brush.  I used these two products basically every day this month when I put on makeup. They are divine.

The last makeup product I have here is the Revlon lipstick "wine with everything"  It's such a good bright red, but not too bright that it's not wearable for everyday.


FASHION

I've been trying to pair this kimono from Forever 21 (thanks Dilara for the hammy down :D) with every outfit this month.  I haven't actually worn it that many times but I just want to have it on all the time.  This summer has been super hot and this gives me plenty of air but covers enough so that in the evenings I'm not shivering.


BOOK

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  Once again, an entire blog post went up about this book last week, so check it out here for a full review.  This book was beautiful though, the writing was just wonderful, and I couldn't get enough of it.



RANDOM FAVORITES

The first thing I want to talk about is a tv show: Orphan Black.
I have been obsessing over this show, and I'm not quite finished with season 2 yet so I'm not all caught up.  But Tatiana Maslany is a god, I swear.  Her acting is AMAZING in this show.  For those who haven't seen it, it's on BBC America and the plot is basically that someone years ago decided to make a human cloning experiment, and Tatiana Maslany plays all of the clones!  WHICH IS WHY SHE'S BADASS (and really attractive if I do say so myself).


Tatiana Maslany as Cosima.  My favorite clone.

The show's editing is also amazing, because the clones are in scenes together and you can't tell where the editing is!  It just looks like two Tatiana Maslany's were in that shot when they filmed!
There's lots of unknowns in the show too, so the expense is always a fun time :)

Another random favorite has been Vietnamese food this month.  I personally have become a huge fan of cold vermicelli noodles with chicken, and I usually get a side of peanut sauce to dip the chicken in and oh god it's mouthwatering!


Lastly in the randoms section, I recently deleted the Facebook app from my phone when the messenger app became mandatory in order to get fb messages on your phone.  If you didn't know, the when adding the messenger app onto your phone, you're okaying them opening up your camera whenever the app wants, as well as access to pictures and personal messages and all sorts of things.  So because I don't like that and don't like the fact that I needed to apps to have access to the full website basically, I got rid of the fb app altogether.  And I HAVE BEEN LOVING IT.  I'm not staring at my phone as often, and I've been using twitter more often than Facebook now, which I love.

YOUTUBER(s)

I have basically 2.5 you tubers to talk about, sort of lol.

Firstly PolandBananaBook or Christine May has been my favorite book tuber this month! This girl is hilarious!  She's such a little spazz in her videos (which is a compliment okay guys) and she does silly accents throughout her videos and it's so fantastic! 

Secondly is ZALFIE lol, better known as Zoella and PointlessBlog separately, I have been loving all of their videos that they've been doing together.  Whether they're doing challenges or just plainly vlogging together, I just find myself cracking up at the two of them, and always smiling watching their daily vlogs.  They're great!

That's everything for my August 2014 favorites! Comment down below what you've been loving this month!  See you guys soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment