Thursday, August 14, 2014

OOTD | Lauren's Going to be a Senior!

This is my sister Lauren and she's awesome and it just so happens that she'll be a senior in high school this year!

Since I've now been out of high school for almost four years now, I decided to ask her to help me out this week on da blog.  Today I'm going to be showing off the outfit she picked out for her first day back as well as the make up I did for her for the day we hung out :)

She also made a list of some tips on studying and organization for high school, and that will be coming to you on Thursday!

So first: the make up.


I didn't bring any of my own products with me because I specifically wanted to use what she had so she could recreate the look on her actual first day of school if she wanted to.  I started with the Neutrogena Nude Skin Clearing Oil Free foundation with a foundation brush she got in a gift set of makeup brushes (unfortunately there's no brand name on the pouch they came in so I can't tell you that...)

I used a bare minerals mineral powder with no pigmentation to set that.

Lauren doesn't own any bronzer so I skipped that step and blushed her up with a pink blush from the Revlon Impressionist Photoready palette using a brush blush from the previously mentioned set.

I used a shimmery off white color from the same Revlon palette to highlight her cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow.



For Laurens brows, I also improvised, using dark browns from that palette to fill them in.
then I used three different nudes and warm brown tones to shade her eyes.

For her liner, she has the Maybelline Master Precision eyeliner, and I just used the Scandaleyes Show Off mascara, without curling her lashes because her curler broke and she hadn't replaced it at the time.

She slapped on some clear Baby Lips chapstick, which has a nice sheen to it, and she was good to go!


Lauren chose this "shorts" romper from GStage which tends to slide down in the front, so she added a black tank top under that.  The shorts may be too short, depending on your school district's rules so bear that in mind when shopping :)

Because those classrooms can get a little chilly with the AC running, she added the jean jacket, also from GStage, on top of the tanked romper.

Personally, I think this necklace from Forever 21 is the best part of the entire outfit.  It's super long and I just love how delicate the individual strands are.  I want it for myself to be honest!

For her hair, Lauren just braided the parts around her face and pinned them back.  Her hair is naturally as straight as you see in the pictures, so that's all it took!


Me being the crazy brained Kassie that I am, I didn't actually get any pictures of Lauren's shoes! But she went with some classic white converse, which is a good choice considering most high schools have rules about open toed shoes :p

If you're interested in seeing my own first day back to college makeup, hair, and outfit, check out my video here!

Leave a comment down below what YOU'RE planning on wearing your first day back to school (or what you wore if it already happened) and keep an eye out for some tips on organization and studying coming your way on friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment