Tuesday, August 5, 2014

JULY FAVORITES 2014

I had quite a few favorites this month! If you want to check out my video on youtube click here!

I'm going to divide this post into sections, much like a did in the video, so lets start with makeup :)


First I want to talk about the 24 hour Revlon color stay foundation.  This is the bom.com!  I know every body always talks about BB creams and tinted moisturizers during the summer, which is nothing like this high coverage foundation; however I have been working (I'm a server at a restaurant) a lot lately, and so I like to have a full coverage foundation on while I work.  It was also awesome that this foundation stayed in the same place all day, I didn't feel like it was melting off my face.

The Maybelline "the rocket" mascara was also a favorite of mine this month.  I love the plastic bristles of the wand, and I feel like it really lengthens my lashes.


I have been loving this eyeshadow combination as well! I use the Maybelline color tattoo "inked in pink"  as a base and then use the pink color in the palette on top of that all over my lid.  I use the white color to highlight, the dark brown in my crease, and I've been brushing the yellow color across my lower lash line.

For my everyday life, I usually wear liquid eye liner, with a wing; however when I go to work, as I so often do, I like to just smudge some black stick liner on the outer half of my lid, and then use it on my water line as well.  When I do this, I've been grabbing for two different liners: the Korres natural products eyeliner as well as the Smashbox limitless eyeliner.


Here are all the swatches for all those products mentioned, plus the Revlon lipstick in "demure."  That's my last favorite make up product of the month, because it's a wonderful orangey nude color.

Now for fashion:
Every time I have these shorts clean, I want to wear them.  I pick them straight out of the clean basket of laundry and plan to wear them the next day because they are so fashionably chic (in my opinion at least) and they're comfortable! They're just slightly high wasted and they're not too short so that my butt's just hanging out.  They're from Windsor fashions.

I've also been using both the sunglasses (from Windsor) and the flip flops (Lauren Conrad) every day.  I have really sensitive eyes so I am constantly wearing sunglasses if I'm outside, or even in the car, and these are the ones I've been reaching for every day this month.  And the flip flops just fit really well, and are really simple so they go with everything, and they're not painful for the in between the toes part.

Lastly in this picture, I want to talk about my phone case! I own an iPhone 5 and I bought this case from amazon (which you can see the seller and everything here) for about $15 including shipping, and it's the same idea as an otter box, which are super expensive!  They also have a lot of different colors and prints and everything to choose from :)

Now for the skin cares:


Because I am now moved into my own apartment (with my boyfriend Matt) and have all my belongings in one location, I have refound my clarisonic, and have been loving it every morning when I use it!  I have found though, that I'm not a huge fan of the brush part anymore, so when I have to buy a new one I will probably be trying out a new type of brush.

I have also been loving the Dermalogica pre cleanse makeup removing wipes, and they are amazing, especially if you have to money to splurge on things like this (which is why when I had to repurchase makeup wipes, I did have to switch products).  They are a bit pricey for what they are, but I really feel like my face is completely void of makeup after I use these.

Last but not least, I have been loving the EOS hand lotion in the cucumber scent, because it's not too strong smelling, and it's moisturizing enough, but it doesn't feel nasty while it soaks into the skin.

And that is mostly everything I've been loving this month!  There are some extra random favorites I talk about in my video though.  Make sure to check out my channel and subscribe if you're interested in new videos every Monday/Friday.  I post on here every Tuesday/Thursday so keep in touch :)

Comment down below what your favorite skincare/makeup products were this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment