Thursday, August 21, 2014

BOOK REVIEW | The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I recently finished reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern to read a long with the Booksplosion book of the month Goodreads group (check that out here).

Also for a short review, view my review I made on goodreads here :)

I will warn before I get into spoilers in the post! So no worries yet!

I gave this book a full 5/5 stars because of the writing and the suspense.  The circus arrived with no warning, and throughout a good chunk of the book you're only getting bits of information, and you don't have all the answers until the end of the book, when everything comes together in some way ;)

The writing is so fucking gorgeous in this book, I can't even explain.  The best way I can describe is that it's like reading a dance. A VERY GOOD DANCE.  And if you're into dance like I am, you'll be able to picture it, I hope.

There are two love stories going on in this story, and one is crazy and unreal and shouldn't be happening while the other is so innocent and divine, with a love at first sight sort of feel.  I ended up rooting for both, when at first I only took to one of the couples.

I highly highly recommend this story. EVERYONE should read it! :)

SPOILER ALERT

I loved finding out about Tsukiko's story, and how it felt for her to lose her fellow player when she won her game.  It was so heartbreaking, especially since we really don't see her get emotional before then.

I hated Isobel.  She was so irrelevant for me, and so it frustrated me even more when it turns out that she had a very important part to the survival of the circus.  I just wanted her to go away the whole time.  When she first showed up, I thought she was Celia, and I was disappointed when that didn't turn out to be true.

My personal favorite part of the entire story was Bailey and Poppet.  I almost wish Poppet hadn't been written with a twin because although I loved Widget, there wasn't enough play into the love story since Widget and Poppet were so inseparable.  Although I really did love the twin's story of birth at the beginning of the circus, and having their powers of past and future because of their birth before and after the birth of the circus. ONCE AGAIN wonderful storytelling by Erin Morgenstern!

I guess that's really all I have to say about this lovely story.  Comment down below your favorite character or scene or magical place that Marco or Celia made up as part of the circus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment